We had a plan to visit Prague five years ago, but another opportunities have led us aside.
After we had longest trip in my life, by bus to Paris, I hoped that we won’t ever travel long distances by bus in such a short time that we got.
But we did it again!
And I certainly recommend to try at least once in a life time.
At firs 6 hours driving you can have fun watching bus passengers, after 9th hour you start to hate your travel guide Alexander because all the time we are out of time and your boyfriend starts to pretend sleeping. On the way back home you are terribly tired and start to argue even about nonsense (but that was mostly our fault because we were waking up too early because of our travel plan and walking all day long with no rest).
But if You don’t like to settle down somewhere for a long time as me You will love it. Because life is a big and exciting adventure, which we created for ourselves.
In Prague we would recommend to buy an 24h ticket for all transports. Trams are going through all of the city and it is very easy to use metro. Station Náměsti Míru is the deepest station in Europe. Down to the earth on 53 meters doesn’t inspired a confidence in me, but Czech people in hurry were running up and down on escalator. Meanwhile I was holding strong to the handrail which was going faster then stairs . But then You quickly adapt! And do it better than local!
The best places to drink amazing Czech beer and eat real traditional food:
- U Dvou koček ( the dark beer is the best one).
- U Medvidku-brewery ( In the past century the original brewery. Also they have great soups).
- Pivovar u Fleku (better to go there at evening and to sit outside).
- Výtopna (but only to get a beer drived by train to the table and get ready to pay extra for that).
Don’t: in our black list where we don’t recommend to spend unclearly big amount of money is Letná Beer Garden.
Am sure there are more places to visit, but we had only two days in Prague.
- After drinking real Italian wine don’t drag 5 bottles of Czech wine at home.
- Swiss chocolate there is cheaper. I bought for myself 10 chocolate bars. But don’t buy Czech chocolate. Or recommend me the good one.
- Czech ice cream is not Italian, even they are not so far away from each other. But if You still want to try go to Angelato. We knew where we are going, but still I got groggy feeling from architecture like that. The name for such style – deconstruction! It symbolize dancing man and woman… In my opinion its copy of me dancing.
Actually Dancing house is a “free” viewing place! With elevator to 7th floor, order tea, coffee, beer and enjoy morning Prague.
- Very popular in Prague is to have a dinner on Vlatava boat, we din’t used that opportunity, but heard that is amazing plan for a family evening.
The best time is early morning, only time when streets are almost empty from tourists.
All old cities are unique with their occulty, but Prague is full of stories about alchemists, astronomers, magicians, ghosts. It took almost all our road to Czech Republit to get initiated to these legends.
Souvenirs are crazy expensive in the city! I had a plan to buy an Krtek for my goddaughter ( Krtek is an animated character in a series of cartoon of Czech Republic)
Lifehack: Find simple toy store, there will be at least 10 euros cheaper.
✓ Check! We seen famous Prague astronomical clock, or Prague orloj.
The clock was first installed in 1410, making it the third-oldest astronomical clock in the world . And now we dream of having arm clock like that.
Never stop wondering and cherish Your time!